"If you own the base game, you're going to want the expansion! Absolutely amazing, absolutely great..."
“This has so powered up the base game. This is a big expansion!"
Artana SKU: 1101
Case Quantity: 10
- Tesla vs. Edison: Powering Up! expands the epic War of Currents between AC and DC technologies introduced by Tesla vs. Edison.
- Custom Headquarters Cards and HQ Mats provide exciting new powers and strategic choices for each Inventor.
- Historical Event Cards introduce various opportunities and challenges each turn increasing theme and replay value.
- New player options include an additional Inventor for six-player games, Madam C.J. Walker, as well as AIs for all six Inventors to support strong solitaire play.
- Six female Luminaries including Fannie Farmer and Mary Anderson provide diversity and additional options to the game.
- A new scoring system rewards more varied play and multiple victory conditions.
A Headquarters Mat for each company organizes HQ Cards, the Inventor, and Luminaries. Four types of Headquarters Cards - Laboratory, Works, Office, and Studio - introduce powerful ongoing abilities, one-time effects, and special scoring criteria tailored to each Inventor.
Thematic Event Cards
21 different historical Event Cards feature real-life occurrences such the Blizzard of 1888, the Pullman Strike, and the International Niagara Commission. Each turn, an Event Card is chosen at random imposing different thematic conditions on play with new strategic challenges.
• 6 HQ Mats
• 24 HQ Cards (4 for each Inventor)
• 21 Event Cards
• 1 Inventor Card
• 19 Stock Certificates
• 7 Luminary Cards
• 6 Propaganda Cards
• 36 AI Cards (6 for each Inventor)
• 20 Wooden Cubes
• 3 Player Aids
• 16 Page Rulebook